An additional driver can be added to your vans rental provided they meet the requirements noted under Insurance below. There is an additional charge of €10 plus VAT for each additional driver per day.
Tips & Info
Any drivers covered comprehensively on renters insurance policy are permitted to drive the vehicle.
Are not permitted in commercial vehicles.
All rentals in the Republic of Ireland are covered by the IRELAND ASSIST Freephone 1800 329 329.
Drive Van Rental reserves the right to charge the renter for all expenses incurred on callouts relating to incidents other than mechanical failure. These might include:
- Incorrect fuel in vehicle
- Keys being lost or locked in vehicle
- Off road recovery
- Punctures or wheel change
When travelling abroad, we require renters to purchase an AA 5 star policy to cover accidents, breakdowns and recovery.
All vans can be driven on a class B driver’s licence. We do not accept provisional licences or licences with endorsements.
Speeding, parking fines, toll charges and other endorsements are the responsibility of the hirer in full.
If you are travelling on the M50 motorway in Dublin during your rental, please note that there is a barrier-free tolling system in operation. The toll plaza is situated between junction 6 and junction 7. As the renter of the vehicle, you are responsible for payment of this toll. Payment must be made by 8pm on the day following your journey via one of the methods below:
- Online at www.eflow.ie
- By phone on LoCall number 1890 50 10 50 (from Republic of Ireland) or 0845 3015405 (from Northern Ireland)
- In person using the Payzone branded outlets nationwide that display the eFlow logo
Any penalties incurred for non-payment of the toll will be automatically charged to the card used for the rental, along with our current standard administration fee of €25.00 + VAT per penalty.
If you have any questions please ask a member of our team.
All vehicles are normally rented with a full tank of fuel. It is preferred that the vehicle is returned with a full tank or for your convenience we can refill the vehicle and charge the fuel on the rental agreement. A refundable fuel deposit will be taken at the start of the rental.
We offer a grace period of 1 hour, additional charges will incur once the rental extends beyond this period.
Please note that at all times final discretion in all matters lies with Johnson & Perrott as to whether the rental will proceed or not.
You can save money by transferring your own comprehensive insurance policy, alternatively, we offer the Drive Insurance Package at a small charge on all vehicles up to and including our Group F Long Wheel Based High Roof Van on rentals up to 14 days in length.
The Drive Insurance Package includes:
- Third party cover
- Usage in the Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland.
- Damage cover subject to the following liability excesses for which the renter is responsible:
- Group A Small City Van: €800 plus vat @ 23%
- Group B Long Wheel Base Medium Roof Van: €950 plus vat @ 23%
- Group D Medium Wheel Base Medium Roof Van: €1,250 plus vat @ 23%
- Group F Long Wheel Base High Roof Van: €1,250 plus vat @ 23%
To avail of our Drive insurance package, the driver requires a full drivers licence (class B or greater) for a minimum of 2 years without endorsements. Renters must be between the ages of 25 and 70 Years.
Travel to the UK available on transfer of own comprehensive insurance only.
Full Terms & Conditions of our Insurance package can be found on the back of the rental agreement document.
Rates include 200 free kilometres per day, or 1,000 kilometres per week
Excess mileage charge applies at the following rates:
- Group A Small City Van: 7c plus vat
- Group B Long Wheel Base Medium Roof Van: 9c plus vat
- Group D Medium Wheel Base Medium Roof Van: 9c plus vat
- Group F Long Wheel Base High Roof Van: 9c plus vat
- Group G Long Wheel Base High Roof Van: 10c plus vat
We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. Debit cards can only be accepted when a renter is transferring their own comprehensive insurance and we will take a €100 deposit which is refundable at the end of the rental if there are no additional charges incurred.
Drive Van Rental is unable to process payment by cash. Any credit card used must have sufficient funds to cover the rental plus deposit.
Pick up & Drop off is available up to 6.30pm from our Douglas Road, Cork location by arrangement.