Last Minute List
It’s been said that Moving house is one of the most stressful things around. Here is a short list that may make your move less of a Drama:
Cardboard boxes (get as many as you can they fold flat if you don’t use them).
- Roll of tape.
- Hand Truck.
- Bubble Wrap.
- Defrost the Fridge.
A few tips that may help you on the Big Day. Remember a well-loaded van can hold a lot more items than one loaded at random:
Take time out and plan, room by room, exactly how you are going to load your vehicle.
Load the larger items first.
Protect all items well, to avoid breakages:
- Wrap small breakable items in bubble wrap or newspaper and pack safely in cardboard boxes (or an empty drawer is ideal).
- Try to pack the vehicle as tight as possible.
- Fill all available space to stop items shifting during transit (a mattress or cushions are ideal padding between items to avoid damage).
- Make large items smaller if you can i.e. if legs can be removed from a table do so, if bunk beds come apart etc.
All our vans are regularly serviced and maintained to the highest standards, with your safety in mind. Even if you have never driven a van or small truck, it is no big deal ! Here are a couple of basic tips :
Adjust your mirrors:
- Be aware of the extra height and width of the van you are driving.
- Trucks and vans are higher, longer and wider than cars and have a wider turning radius.
- Watch out for low bridges and overhead barriers at the entrance to car parks etc.
- Park the vehicle close to the point where you want to unload.
- Get somebody to guide you back into position and tell you when to stop.